Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Lord of the Manor No More

Well, our house in Olney finally went to settlement on Monday after 2 postponements. With the house on the market for only 31 days and the price close to what we asked, I think the real estate gods smiled down upon us in this very unsettled housing market. I'm no longer Lord of the Manor and now a tenant in a buy-back situation until Oct 18th when all of our household goods (HHG) should be packed for shipment or storage. With the proceeds of the sale in hand, I'm tempted to go to Atlantic City and double my money (just kidding Joanne)!
The packers for our HHG shipment to Okinawa are scheduled to be here on Thursday, and the packers for my "hold baggage" (350 lbs of personal belongings that they will air freight to Okinawa) on Friday. Next week the packers will be here for our remaining HHG that will go into storage. We already stored 1 car in my Mom's garage in Cherry Hill for Nicki's use over the summer and will store the 2nd carer at a commercial storage facility in Baltimore at government expense until our return. I hope to depart for Okinawa sometime during the week of Oct 19th.

No comments: