Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Kingbird Has Landed

I arrived in Okinawa safe and sound yesterday evening with no flight delays. Having slept most of the way on both flights, the time went by somewhat quickly. Joanne picked me up at the airport in her new “shrunk” limo, and then navigated the left side drive roads rather adeptly back to Kadena Air Base. We just finished breakfast at the Officers Club located next door to the Shogun Inn where we are staying until Friday. On that day we take possession of our new rental house. Joanne will take me there after work to check out the new digs. The weather outside is clear, warm & sunny. It's green, lush and humid here since we are surrounded by water. I’m in shorts, T-shirt and sandals – my new everyday post-retirement attire. Joanne said there are a lot of periodic rain showers that come and go quickly just like south Florida. At 10:30 AM Joanne will swing by and take me to an appointment for an ID card. Without one, I’m persona non grata on the military installations. More to follow when I get a chance to type another post. - Tom

1 comment:

Beth B said...

We're happy you made it with no problems. We are envying you the beautiful weather, it is cold and blustery here in NJ. We both look forward to more of your adventures in the Orient!